Please read and accept the following terms and conditions for the First Option Mobile Banking App.
The First Option Mobile Banking App is designed for smart phone devices, which offers a fast, simple and convenient Mobile Banking experience. With the First Option Mobile Banking App you can perform your banking 24x7 from anywhere.
The First Option Mobile Banking App is not a stand-alone product. It is an additional feature of Internet Banking and is available to First Option members who have registered for Internet Banking.
Each time you use the First Option Mobile Banking App, these Terms and Conditions along with the First Option Account and Access Facility – Conditions of Use will apply.
These Terms and Conditions operate in conjunction with any terms and conditions which apply to any accounts accessed by use of this service.
Not all Internet Banking services and features are available for the First Option Mobile Banking App. The First Option Mobile Banking App will allow you to:
- check your account balance and transaction history
- transfer money between your accounts
- pay your bills using BPAY
- make internal transfers to other memberships
- make transfers to other financial institutions
- Internet Banking transaction limits will apply.
The First Option Mobile Banking App provides a high level of security. We will refund your money if your account is compromised due to internet fraud, as long as you comply with the First Option Account and Access Facility – Conditions of Use.
- keeping private your Member number/login, Internet Banking NetCode and the Mobile Banking App PIN or pattern
- ensure your mobile devices are covered by the latest software and security updates available
- setting a device PIN or password on your mobile phone
- installing/enabling remote wipe software on your phone
To log into the First Option Mobile Banking App for the first time you will use your Internet Banking Login and NetCode.
When you register for the First Option Mobile Banking App you can set a 4 to 6 digit PIN, set a pattern or use Touch ID to access the service.
Protecting your PIN
You should always:
- memorise the PIN/pattern as soon as possible. If you record it, disguise it so others can’t decipher it.
- If you nominate a PIN, do not use a number that is obvious, or can be easily guessed (e.g. date of birth or driver’s licence number).
You must never:
- tell or let anyone find out your PIN/pattern, not even family or friends
- record a PIN/pattern on your phone or computer
- keep a record of the PIN/pattern with your phone
Other things you must do
- lock your phone and take any reasonable steps to stop unauthorised use
- notify us immediately if your phone is lost or stolen, or you suspect your access PIN has become known to someone else
- only install approved applications on your phone
- leave your phone unattended and logged into the First Option Mobile Banking App
- use the First Option Mobile Banking App with a phone or device other than a compatible phone.
- Under the ePayments Code, you may be liable for losses arising from an unauthorised transaction if you breach any of the First Option Account and Access Facility – Conditions of Use.
Suspension or Termination
We may suspend or terminate your use of the First Option Mobile Banking App without notice at any time if we suspect unauthorised transactions have occurred, or that the First Option Mobile Banking App is being misused.
Changes to these Terms and Conditions
We may change these Terms and Conditions at any time. We will notify you of any material changes by electronic notice to you via your phone or the App store or Google Play Store.
If you travel outside of Australia you may still have access to the First Option Mobile Banking App. You should check with your telephone communications provider that the mobile device will be able to use relevant networks in those countries in which you are travelling. First Option is not liable for any additional costs you may incur.
Mobile Banking Costs
We do not charge a licence fee for the First Option Mobile Banking App; however, you may incur data charges from your mobile network provider for downloading the app and performing transactions with the app. Check with your relevant service provider for more details.
There are no extra costs for using the First Option Mobile Banking App. Standard fees and charges do apply. Internet data charges may be incurred through your mobile service provider - check with your Internet Service Provider or your mobile phone service provider for more details. Access is subject to availability and maintenance.
Which mobile phones are supported?
Not all mobile devices are capable of accessing and using the First Option Mobile Banking App. You are responsible for using, having or obtaining a compatible mobile device in connection with any use of this service. We support the following systems:
- Apple iOS 9.0 and above
- Android Version 4.2 and above
ePayments Code and Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
In providing you with First Option’s app service, First Option warrants that it will comply with the ePayments Code and the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
iPhone is a trademark of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.