Ways to access
Internet Banking is a virtual branch, that gives you the freedom to manage your money whenever and wherever you are. It's easy to set up, use, and is highly secure.
- Secure account access anywhere, anytime
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Pay your bills through BPAY
- Additional security using One Time Passwords
First Option provides members with a free mobile banking app.
First Option 'Easy App' provides banking services and loads of extra features to give you a rich experience.
- Activate your Card
- Apply online for a loan or deposit account
- Use online calculators
- Make real time payments
- View current news items
- Customise each account with your own photo
- Set up a Savings Goal
- Watch online videos
With a First Option card you can access any ATM in Australia. Best of all, First Option does not charge a fee for ATM usage.
While some ATM owners do charge an ATM fee directly to your account, you will be advised of the fee before you complete your transaction.
You can also use your First Option card overseas, however there is a fee. This fee is waived for members that support First Option with their deposits and loans (combined minimum monthly balance of $25,000).
And if you are going overseas, please consider the Cash Passport Platinum card.
- Access to all ATMs in Australia
- Choose your PIN with Internet Banking or Easy App
- Convenient 24x7 access
- Withdraw up to $1,000 per day
This is a quick and convenient way to obtain account balances and recent transactions 24x7.
- Fee Free Service
- Simple, quick and easy - just send an SMS
- No need to log in - a separate service to Internet Banking and Easy App
How do I use SMS Banking?
Once you register your mobile phone number, simply send the appropriate SMS format to 0428 768 430.
You will receive an immediate response, directly to your mobile phone.
A list of acceptable SMS formats is shown below.
|BAL||Balance for your Default account|
|BAL 123456S1||Balance for a specific account BAL S1|
|BAL||ALL Balances for all your Accessible accounts|
|TRN||Last 3 to 5 transactions for your Default account|
|TRN 123456S1||Last 3 to 5 transactions for a specific account TRN S1|
Let's be honest; who has the time to pay bills in person?
Yes, the Internet has made the process easier on us all, but even now, hopping from website to website, trying to remember those pesky login details is a headache.
BPAY is a faster, easier and better way to pay your bills all at once. You can do this online at no cost.
Simply register Internet Banking or Easy App
- Pay any bill with the BPAY symbol
- No transaction fees
- Safe and secure payment
Take the hassle out of remembering to pay your bills with Direct Debit. For recurring bills, simply arrange with your service provider to have the funds automatically debited from your First Option account. It's a great way to pay your insurance or even make regular payments off your utility bills! To set up a direct debit agreement, all you need is your BSB and account details.
Direct Debit straight from your account:
- It is a great way to pay your insurance or even make regular payments off your utility bills:
- No transaction fees
- Never forget to pay your bills
- Why not consider our Budget Saver account?
To arrange authorisation, give the relevant organisation the following details:
Financial Institution: First Option Bank Ltd
BSB Number: 802-876 and your account number, which is also your member number.
At First Option, it’s easy to make regular payments. With our Future (periodical) Payment facility you can “set and forget” your regular payments.
Worrying about remembering due dates now becomes a thing of the past. Just organise it once and we will take care of all your future payments.
Never worry about missing a payment
- Payment from almost any savings account
- No transaction fees
- One-off recurring payments
Why waste time travelling between different banks to transfer your money when you can do it electronically?
You can even arrange to have your pay allocated automatically between your various First Option accounts.
- No transaction fees
- Easily transfer funds to your accounts
- Have your pay directly credited
Arranging a Direct Credit
To authorise the transfer of funds (from your employer, other organisation or another person) to
your First Option account, just provide First Option’s BSB number: 802-876 followed by your membership number and the surname on your First Option account.
Faster, simpler and smarter payments
Osko® is the way to pay that’s as fast as cash – without the hassle of cash. Whether you’re paying a tradie, splitting a bill or giving money to family for something urgent – the money will be there in minutes* even on weekends!
Just use First Option Internet Banking or Easy App - mobile banking.
Benefits of Osko®
- Faster payments across over 50 institutions
- Available all day, every day
- It’s backed by BPAY so it’s very secure
- Use up to 280 characters of text to describe the payment
- You can use a PayID to pay
What's a PayID?
It’s a pain to remember a BSB and account number when you want to send or receive money. However with PayID you simply link your mobile number or email address to your First Option account, e.g. S1 Access Saver.
Then when someone needs to pay you, simply give them your mobile number or email address. And if you’re a business, your ABN or business name (called an Organisation ID) can be the PayID.
Note: Before you set up your PayID, check your mobile number and email address within Internet Banking. Go to 'My Preferences' or simply Contact Us.
If you transfer funds to another First Option account, the transaction will be processed immediately.
Real Time Payments (RTPs) to other banks travel via the New Payments Platform (NPP). If the receiving bank is not yet part of the NPP, external transfers will still take between 24 and 48 hours.
* In order to protect our members' funds, some transactions may be held by our Fraud Department to ensure that they were properly authorised. In these cases, the funds may not available within the expected time period.
Pay in Person
A Visa Debit Card is linked to your Access Saver Account to give you convenient and easy access to your own funds 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- No annual fee
- Choose your PIN using Internet Banking or Easy App
- Overdraft facility available
- Accepted worldwide
- Verified by Visa - greater online purchasing security
With a choice of mobile pay apps you can travel light and leave your plastic cards at home. Just use Apple Pay*, Google Pay (TM) or Samsung Pay.
Paying with your phone is safe, easy to set up and works with the devices you use every day.
- Convenience: Make secure contact-free payments on the go.
- Security: Card details are never stored on a device or shared with retailers.
- Simplicity: No need to open an app, just hold your phone near a card reader wherever contact-free payments are accepted.
Start making secure contact-free payments on the go using your phone by selecting the app that works for you and adding your First Option card.
Apply for a Visa Debit Card
Watch our Apple Pay videos
* Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, apps and websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and apps; with iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites; and with Mac in Safari with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone 6 or later or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see https://support.apple.com/km207105
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, Mac, Safari, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
Gain access to your funds, pay for purchases electronically and reduce the need to carry cash.
Whether you're paying for daily items or treating yourself to something special, eftpos is an easy and convenient payment method.
- Save time by withdrawing cash while making a purchase
- Available with any First Option card
- Safe and secure payment method
- Fees may apply
Deposit cash or cheques into your Access Saver account at any Australia Post outlet displaying the Bank@Post symbol.
You can even repay your loan - just make your deposit with your card and transfer the money over to your loan account.
- Use participating Australia Post outlets
- Deposit cheques with your card
- Pay your bills
Are you getting buried under piles of paper? You can choose to receive your First Option account statements electronically.
- Safe and secure access via Internet Banking
- Help your environment by saving paper
- Past statements stored in a secure environment
Be notified right away when something important happens to your First Option accounts.
- Peace of mind, knowing when and where your money is coming and going
- Automatic reminders can be set up to suit your needs
- Notifications via SMS or email
- Set them up yourself within Internet Banking
Do you need to send money overseas to family, friends or business suppliers? First Option in association with Western Union® Business Solutions is the one-stop shop for international transactions of any size.
An International Transfer is an electronic credit of funds into an overseas bank account.
- Available in a wide range of currencies
- Ideal for regular or one-off money transfers
- Complete an application form or DIY with Internet Banking
Note: Money in Minutes service is no longer available through First Option.
An international draft is a simple solution for sending money overseas as a cheque.
- Safe and secure
- Affordable way to send money for any occasion
- Cheque-like features
Do you want to receive an international payment from family members or your trading partners? First Option, in association with Western Union® Business Solutions, is the one-stop shop for international transactions of any size.
Inbound Global Transfers
An Inbound Global Transfer (IGT) is a fast and reliable option for receiving international payments into your First Option account. It's a low cost alternative to SWIFT transactions.
- Quicker and more cost effective
- Better value for senders and beneficiaries
- Affords preferential exchange rates
- 28 currencies available
- Learn more about IGT
- View the IGT Currency List
- View our fees and charges
- Try our Foreign Exchange Rate Calculator
- Foreign Currency Product Profile
Foreign Cheque Deposits
When you receive a cheque in a foreign currency you can send it to us with your account details.
We will arrange for the cheque to be converted into Australian dollars and deposited to your nominated First Option account.
Note: Foreign cheques deposited to your First Option account are subject to clearance.
- Most personal, bank, company or government foreign currency cheques can be converted
- Money orders are not accepted
- Cheques can be converted from a range of foreign currencies
The financial products (Drafts and Telegraphic Transfers) referred to in this communication are provided by Western Union Business Solutions (Australia) Pty Ltd ABN 24 150 129 749 AFSL 40409, trading as Western Union Business Solutions (“WUBS”), under its agreement(s) with your Financial Institution. Fees & Charges and Terms & Conditions apply.
It's important for you to consider the relevant Product Disclosure Statement (“PDS”) and any other relevant WUBS documents before you decide whether or not a financial product is right for you. A Draft PDS is available for each financial product issued by WUBS from your Financial Institution or on the compliance section of our website. Any advice provided above is general and does not take account of your personal objectives, financial situation or needs.
This communication has been prepared solely for informational purposes and does not in any way create any binding obligations. The relationship relating to the financial products referred to in this communication are solely between you and the Financial Institution. No representations, warranties or conditions of any kind, express or implied, are made in this communication.
Western Union Business Solutions is an operating division of the Western Union Company. Western Union is the issuer of the financial products referred to in this communication.