We provide everything you need to bank how you wish.
Internet Banking is a virtual branch, that gives you the freedom to manage your money whenever and wherever you are. It's easy to set up, use, and is highly secure.
- Secure account access anywhere, anytime
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Pay your bills through BPAY
- Additional security using One Time Passwords
First Option Easy App provides banking services and loads of extra features to give you a rich experience.
Here is a quick summary of the extra features:
- Activate your Card
- Apply online for a loan or deposit account
- Use online calculators
- Make real time payments
- View current news items
- Customise each account with your own photo
- Set up a Savings Goal
- Watch online videos
VISA / EFTPOS
Use your Visa Debit Card to make payments at point of sale and access your cash.
- Easy payments both in-store and online shopping
- Access cash fee-free at thousands of ATMs in Australia
- Change your PIN via Internet Banking or Easy App
- Save time and get cash out when making a purchase
- Use your card overseas for purchases and cash withdrawals
First Option does not charge fees for ATM use or Visa transactions. Fees may apply for Eftpos transactions and overseas transactions. These fees are waived for members that support First Option with their deposits and loans (combined minimum monthly balance of $25,000).
With a choice of mobile pay apps you can travel light and leave your plastic cards at home.
Paying with your phone is safe, easy to set up and works with the devices you use every day. Choose the solution that works for your phone and add your First Option credit or debit card.
- Convenience: Make secure contactless payments on the go.
- Security: Card details are never stored on a device or shared with retailers.
- Simplicity: No need to open an app, just hold your phone near a card reader wherever contactless payments are accepted.
Start making secure contactless payments on the go using your phone by selecting the app that works for you and adding your First Option card.
- Apple Pay*
- Google Pay(TM)
- Samsung Pay
* Apple Pay works with iPhone 6 and later in stores, apps and websites in Safari; with Apple Watch in stores and apps; with iPad Pro, iPad Air 2 and iPad mini 3 and later in apps and websites; and with Mac in Safari with an Apple Pay enabled iPhone 6 or later or Apple Watch. For a list of compatible Apple Pay devices, see https://support.apple.com/km207105
Apple, the Apple logo, Apple Pay, Apple Watch, iPad, iPhone, Mac, Safari, and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android, Google Pay, and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.
You can choose to bank over the counter at Australia Post or use any of our digital solutions.
First Option Bank does not have any bank branches, but the good news is that any member can present their Visa card to any of the 3,000 plus outlets to withdraw, deposit cash or cheques and pay a bill.
Please note that cheque deposits usually will take 5 working days to clear, while cash deposits are available instantly and Australia Post will only accept cheques under $100,000. Fees may apply to some Bank@Post transactions.
ONLINE BILL PAYMENTS
REAL TIME PAYMENTS
No need for to wait for 2 days like the old days. Osko® enables you to send money to someone immediately.
Just log into our Internet Banking Platform or Easy App - mobile banking and select the Osko® option and your payee will receive their money in seconds.
Members can link their mobile number and email address to their bank accounts and when someone needs to pay you, simply give them your mobile number or email address.
Simply go into 'My Preferences' within Internet Banking and our video tutorial will guide you through.
With a First Option card you can access any ATM in Australia. Best of all, First Option does not charge a fee for ATM usage.
While some ATM owners do charge an ATM fee directly to your account, you will be advised of the fee before you complete your transaction.
You can also use your First Option card overseas, however there is a fee. This fee is waived for members that support First Option with their deposits and loans (combined minimum monthly balance of $25,000).
And if you are going overseas, please consider the Cash Passport Platinum card.
- Access to all ATMs in Australia
- Choose your PIN with Internet Banking or Easy App
- Convenient 24x7 access
- Withdraw up to $1,000 per day
This is a quick and convenient way to obtain account balances and recent transactions 24x7.
- Fee Free Service
- Simple, quick and easy - just send an SMS
- No need to log in - a separate service to PhoneLink, Internet Banking and Easy App
How do I use SMS Banking?
Once you register your mobile phone number, simply send the appropriate SMS format to
0428 768 430.
You will receive an immediate response, directly to your mobile phone. A list of acceptable SMS formats is shown below.
|BAL||Balance for your Default account|
|BAL 123456S1||Balance for a specific account BAL S1|
|BAL||ALL Balances for all your Accessible accounts|
|TRN||Last 3 to 5 transactions for your Default account|
|TRN 123456S1||Last 3 to 5 transactions for a specific account TRN S1|
Why waste time travelling between different financial institutions to transfer your money when you can have it done electronically? You can even arrange to have your pay allocated automatically between your various First Option accounts.
- No transaction fees
- Easily transfer funds to your accounts
- Have your pay directly credited
Arranging a Direct Credit
To authorise the transfer of funds (from your employer, other organisation or another person) to your First Option account, just provide First Option’s BSB number: 802-876 followed by your membership number and the name on your First Option account.
Take the hassle out of remembering to pay your bills with Direct Debit.
For recurring bills, simply arrange with your service provider to have the funds automatically debited from your First Option account.
It's a great way to pay your insurance or even make regular payments off your utility bills!
To set up a direct debit agreement, all you need is your BSB and account details.
Direct Debit straight from your account:
- It is a great way to pay your insurance or even make regular payments off your utility bills:
- No transaction fees
- Never forget to pay your bills
- Why not consider our Save account?
To arrange authorisation, give the relevant organisation the following details:
Financial Institution: First Option Bank Ltd
BSB No: 802-876 and your 9 digit account number.
We offer a full suite of bank accounts.
We also offer members many self help tutorials.
Mobile Banking Tutorials