Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice
Over 4 million Australians are members of member-owned banks (like First Option), credit unions and mutual building societies. We meet the same regulatory standards as the big banks and are prudent and strong financial service providers.
The difference between member-owned banks and the big banks is our guarantee to serve our Members first. We have worked closely with the Customer Owned Banking Association (the Australian governing body of member-owned banks, credit unions and mutual building societies) to develop the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice.
What is the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice?
The Code is an important public statement of the value we place on improving the financial well-being of our members and the education of the community. It reinforces our commitment to:
- the benefits of mutuality
- community involvement
- fairer fees
- customer or member, service
How does it affect you?
The Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice is how we deliver on our guarantee to serve our members first. Our 10 key promises to you outline how we do this.
Our 10 key promises to you
- We will be fair and ethical in our dealings with you.
- We will focus on our members.
- We will give you clear information about our products and services.
- We will be responsible lenders.
- We will deliver high customer service and standards.
- We will deal fairly with any complaints.
- We will recognise member rights as owners.
- We will comply with our legal and industry obligations.
- We will recognise our impact on the wider community.
- We will support and promote this Code of Practice.
Additional Product Information
Download the Customer Owned Banking Code of Practice